Nothing Like a Classic Bloody Mary
Tomato, ta-mah-to — no matter what you call it, we say it goes well with vodka and a day off. A Bloody Mary is the perfect brunch companion, especially if the night before was filled with several glasses of champagne. This savory Bacon Bloody Mary recipe is a delicious way to get your New Year’s Eve party started, and the perfect thing to wake up to in 2017. Get to mixing — and don’t forget to share a pic of your concoction using the hashtag #driftoffcourse.
For the mix:
- 3 cups of tomato juice
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbs of grated horseradish
- 2 tap of Kosher salt
- 4 dashes of hot sauce (we use Niki's Hot Sauce, but your favorite will do)
- 2 tsp celery salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together until incorporated. Allow to rest a few hours or overnight for the flavors to combine. Mix again right before pouring.
For the garnish:
- Blue cheese stuffed olives & horseradish pickles on a bamboo skewer
- A sprinkle of capers
- A sprinkle of jumbo lump crab meat
- A stalk of celery
- One bacon skewer
- 1 dash of hot sauce
- 1 twist of pepper from the pepper mill
For the bacon skewer:
- Weave a piece of bacon onto a bamboo skewer and in a folding pattern. Repeat for as many as needed. Place them on a sheet of parchment paper and bake in 350-degree oven until crispy.
Ready to make the drinks:
Fill all the glasses up to the rim with ice. Pour an ounce and half or two ounces of vodka into the glasses. Stir the Bloody Mary mix well and pour over the vodka. Mix the two well. Place a stalk of celery in each. Add a dash of hot sauce and one twist of black pepper over the drinks. Place a skewer of the olives/pickles beside the celery. Place a bacon skewer beside it. Sprinkle a few capers over the drink. Sprinkle a few lumps of crab meat over the capers.